PE and Sport Premium
The PE and Sport Premium is funding provided by the Department for Education specifically to fund improvements to PE and sport for the benefit of primary-aged pupils.
The school has been allocated £18,430 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
In summary, the grant will be used for the following:
- Specialist coaching for pupils.
- Subject specific training of staff to enhance the quality of teaching to build capacity.
- Additional PE clubs and workshops.
- Additional PE teaching resources and equipment to build further capacity.
- Additional sport-related competitions and trips.
- Promoting well-being, healthy lifestyles with activities/support to encourage active play and increased activity of children.
The impact of the programmes are monitored during the academic year.
The impact of the premium in 2020-2021:
Increased engagement of pupils in physical activity and sport.
Increased extra-curricular provision.
Professional development of teachers in PE and sport.
Specialist sports coaching delivered to pupils.
Increased extra-curricular resources and equipment.
Structured programme of swimming lessons for pupils.
Year 6 swimming
54% of the Year 6 cohort could swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres.
60% of the Year 6 cohort could use a range of strokes effectively.
- 52% of the Year 6 cohort could perform a safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
How will the school ensure that the improvements will be sustainable?
- We will be using our pupil leadership programme to train/coach pupil leaders. This has two functions: this will be helpful in terms of leadership skills development for pupils and the trained pupils will be able to assist with coaching and peer mentoring in order for the clubs/provision to continue to be engaging for pupils.
- We have a very strong partnership with Platanos College, a senior school in the academy trust. A programme of activities in collaboration ensures that our provision remains strong and the improvements will be sustained year on year.
- The investment in our existing staff for professional development means that our staff will be able to sustain the provision by continuing to deliver the provision on a permanent basis.
- The investment in equipment ensures that, as part of a long term plan, we can continue to provide the same standard of delivery and sustain improvements.
- Data tracking to be further developed to ensure close monitoring of pupils' step-by-step progression.