IT'S OK TO NOT BE OK...
What advice and support is available to parents and carers during the CV19 pandemic crisis?
There are many sources of online support both locally and nationally.
Simply connect Croydon have links to lots of support for the local community. Click on the link above to find:
- Community support with IT,
- crisis support from the Centre of Change offering counselling and mental health support
- Food parcels and support across the borough.
- Getting active
- Covid 19 advice in different languages
- Emergency numbers for health, crime, domestic violence and others
Place 2 Be - the link BELOW is a site that has a lot of support for families including advice on looking after your own mental health and wellbeing as a parent or carer. Such as having a picture timetable and breaking the day into short sessions, making time for play breaks, and the importance of staying active.
The link BELOW is a local document provided by Croydon ED Psych team it is full of advice and links and has a social story about why the school is closed.
The National Autistic Society have a range of support and advice in the link above including top tips for families (scroll down the page to find link). This page also has links to other useful resources such as visual supports and a social story.
National Organisations with local hubs: